With the holidays approaching, it’s time to think about holiday gifts, and I’ve got a great gift suggestion for you – which also happens to be one of my major accomplishments this year, and that is the release of my new book, with my co-author, Dennis Kennedy – Make LinkedIn Work for You: A Practical Handbook for Lawyers and Other Legal Professionals.
This book was written specifically for people in the legal profession, but we think it is a useful resource for anyone in any kind of business. If you’re not in the legal world, there are small parts of the book that won’t apply to you, but overall, the advice in the book is sound for anyone.
So, let’s dive in and talk about some of what you can expect from the book. In this book, we’ve taken a strategic approach to how you use LinkedIn and how to incorporate it into your “real world” networking, while also giving you practical tips that you can get started with right away. And if you’re brand-new to LinkedIn, we’ll show you how to get started to build up your LinkedIn presence.
If you’ve watched my other videos or seen me speak about LinkedIn, you’ll be familiar with the “three building blocks” approach that Dennis and I take to LinkedIn, and the book talks about all three of them – Profiles, Connections and Participation – in depth. We end each of those sections with answers to frequently asked questions we hear all of the time when speaking about LinkedIn or working with clients. And each of us share our own approaches we’ve taken to using LinkedIn, and the different things we’ve experimented with and the results of those experiments.
But we also talk about some specialty topics, including:
- Building your personal brand on LinkedIn
- Using LinkedIn to search for a job
- How to use LinkedIn to go into a new practice area or when you move to a new location
- Using LinkedIn as a student
- And, for the lawyers, we cover how the Rules of Professional Conduct might affect how you use LinkedIn.
I hope you’ll consider getting Make LinkedIn Work for You as a holiday gift this season for the lawyer or other professional in your life – or even for yourself! It’s available now on Amazon.com in both paperback and Kindle formats.
Have a wonderful holiday season!
Want more info about LinkedIn? Check out all of my LinkedIn videos here:
- De-Clutter Your Email Inbox
- Publish Content Consistently with an Editorial Calendar
- Notify Employees of LinkedIn Posts
- 3 Things to Do For a Productive New Year
- Saving LinkedIn Posts
- Taking Control of Your LinkedIn Feed Part III
- Taking Control of Your LinkedIn Feed Part II
- Taking Control of Your LinkedIn Feed
- 5 Ways to Take LinkedIn to the Next Level
- Why Create a Poll on LinkedIn?