Have you participated in a poll on LinkedIn, or seen any of your LinkedIn connections post a poll? Ever wonder whether it makes sense for you to post your own LinkedIn poll?
In my last video, I talked about two ways to build engagement on LinkedIn:
- Re-posting other people’s LinkedIn content with your own thoughts
- Posting questions on LinkedIn and encouraging your audience to respond in the comments.
A third way to build engagement on LinkedIn is by posting a poll. Polls are another way of asking a question, but with pre-defined answers.Skip video and keep reading
Benefits of LinkedIn Polls
Polls can give you insights into what your LinkedIn audience is interested in and provide fodder for future posts. They can help you learn what your audience might like to see from future products or services, and they can also help you to drive awareness for your business, your products and your services.
For example, a friend of mine recently posted a poll asking his audience which of several topics they would like to see him provide a workshop on. It was an easy way to show his audience the different areas of service he provides, and a good way to find out what his audience was interested in hearing more about.
Polls can be an easy way to gather information since people don’t have to think too much about their answers. But in my experience, polls often generate comments that can lead to additional conversations especially if your LinkedIn audience has a different answer to your question than one of the pre-defined ones you have provided, or if they would like to explain or qualify their response.
Don’t forget to post the results of your poll once it has been completed – and what, if anything, you plan to do with what you’ve learned from the poll.
Contact me if you want help to improve how you use LinkedIn.
Learn more about LinkedIn in these articles and videos:
- Taking Control of Your LinkedIn Feed
- 5 Ways to Take LinkedIn to the Next Level
- Why Create a Poll on LinkedIn?
- Two Ways to Build Engagement on LinkedIn
- Writing Effective Comments on LinkedIn
- Get Value out of LinkedIn Without Posting Original Content
- How to Build Engagement on LinkedIn
- Why Build Engagement on LinkedIn?
- Seed LinkedIn Engagement with Comments
- Don’t Lead with a Sales Pitch on LinkedIn